If your office is anything like ours, addictive viewing of YouTube videos has led to company policy prohibiting its use. Of course, we laugh at such draconian measures and simply devise ways around it. Our cleverest solution was to simply create our own eurotuner channel on YouTube and claim we were watching the site for "work". Genius!
However, we do need some assistance with our subterfuge, so we're reaching out to you to give us an excuse to be surfing the site all day. We'd like you to submit your best and craziest videos so we can post them on youtube.com/eurotuner
Of course, we wouldn't expect you to do this without reward, so we scored a cool pair of shades from our friends at Petrol Eyewear to be awarded to the best video.
Petrol has created a phenomenal product intended for driving enthusiasts. The entire range was designed by the car guys at TSW Wheels to be user friendly and address everyday problems such as glare, weight, pressure points, style, etc. Extra attention has been paid to the lenses, which use new technology for acuity as well as being smudge-resistant, etc. So they look good and work!
What's more, the huge range includes a number of composite, metal and titanium frames in a variety of styles that will suit everybody from aviator styles to the latest wraparound frames (petroleyewear.com). Prices range from $120-180.
The reader who is judged to have entered the best video will be able to choose a pair of sunglasses from the entire Petrol range.
A lucky runner-up gets an exclusive et jacket. After our recent office move, we uncovered a secret stash of genuine Dickie's eurotuner jackets. With only a handful of these collectibles in existence, we're giving one away to the second-place vid (we might give away more if there are plenty of good videos...).
WHAT TO DO
All you need do is send us your video clip and we'll post the best on our YouTube site. If your clip is less than 25MB, you can email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Since most clips will inevitably be larger than 25MB, please mail a DVD to us at eurotuner eurotube, 831 S Douglas St, El Segundo, CA 90245. Remember to title your clip with your name, and include your full name, address, email, phone number and jacket size with your entry.
When sending footage, it must be your own, original video. It must not use trademark or copyright footage, or video that's previously been claimed on YouTube. Please don't put copyrighted music on your video either, or it will prevent us from sharing it with the eurotuner community.
Any submissions or contributions shall be subject to and governed by Source Interlink Media's User Content Submission Terms and Conditions, which are posted online at eurotuner.com In order to qualify for the prizes listed here, you must submit your video before May 10, 2010. That gives you more than six weeks to film, edit and mail us your entry. We will notify the winners and post the results online at eurotuner.com Full competition rules will also be on eurotuner.com.
WHERE TO GO
We will obviously try to post all your video entries (where suitable) online, so log on to youtube.com/eurotuner to see the latest videos. We will post them as quickly as possible, and they don't necessarily need to be car-related. You can send us anything you think et readers would like to see - a car show, dyno pull, cruise, track day, your dog, new shoes, stupid pranks...
The eurotuner channel is also the place to find the latest videos we've posted. You'll be able to watch exclusive footage such as our 2009 tire test, Ken Block's first '10 rally, or from the pits at the Daytona 24-hour race, as well as manufacturer videos, etc.
We'll be updating the page regularly with show coverage, feature cars, etc, so bookmark youtube.com/eurotuner as a favorite.
eurotuner "EuroTube" Contest Rules
1. Introduction: eurotuner (a publication of Source Interlink Magazines, LLC), Petrol Eyewear ("Sponsors") are offering the Contest ("Contest"). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility: Entrant must be 18 years or older as of March 23, 2009 and a resident of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of Sponsors, the Sponsors' parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents and the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of each such employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible.
3. Timing: Contest begins March 23, 2009 and ends May 10, 2010.
4. Enter by sending an original video clip without a trademark, copyright footage or previously claimed on YouTube. Send your entry to eurotuner, c/o EuroTube Contest, 831 S. Douglas Street, El Segundo, CA 90245 or email your entry to
email@example.com with "EuroTube" in the subject line. Entries must be received by May 10, 2010. Multiple entries are not permitted. No more than one entry per envelope can be submitted. Sponsors shall not be responsible for lost, late, mutilated or misdirected entries. Entry forms or requests that are printed by machine, mechanically reproduced, tampered with, illegible or incomplete are not eligible.
5. Prize winners will be selected by originality. The contest will take place under the supervision of Sponsors. Participants agree to be bound by these rules and the decision of the judges, whose decisions are final. The winners will be notified by mail and/or e-mail on or about May 10, 2010. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, after May 10, 2010 to eurotuner, c/o EuroTube Contest, 831 S. Douglas Street, El Segundo, CA 90245.
6. One (1) grand prize winner will win Petrol Eyewear sunglasses (MSRP $120-180).
Total Value of All Prizes: $120-180. Sponsors make no warranties with regard to the prizes. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions of prize allowed by winner, but Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value due to prize unavailability. Prizes are not redeemable by winner for cash value. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winner.
7. All entries and requests become the property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsors will have the right to photograph the winner. Entry constitutes permission to use the winner's name, picture, likeness and city and state of residence for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion for no additional compensation except where prohibited by law. All entries must be original, may not have won previous prizes and must not infringe on any third party rights. Submission of an entry constitutes entrant's consent (or that of their parent/legal guardian should they be a minor in their state of residence) to irrevocably assign to Sponsors any and all rights to their entry including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights. Submission of an entry grants Sponsors and their agents the right to publish, produce, use, adapt, edit and/or modify the entry in any way and in any and all media, without limitation and without compensation to the entrant.
8. The winner (or their parent/legal guardian should they be a minor in their state of residence) will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where lawful, a Publicity Release. All taxes on prizes are solely the responsibility of the winners.
9. All entrants release Sponsors, their affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, and agents, and all others associated with the development and execution of this from any and all liability from injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participation in this promotion or acceptance or use of any prize.
10. Failure to execute and return any requested document within fourteen (14) days of postmark, or return of notification or prize as undeliverable may result in forfeiture of prize and an alternate winner will be selected.
11. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
12. The Sponsors of this Contest are: eurotuner (a publication of Source Interlink Magazines, LLC), Petrol Eyewear.